Ozokerite therapy is a popular treatment method that utilizes the healing properties of medical ozokerite. It is a natural material that is a mixture of solid carbohydrates extracted from the pores and crevices of rocks deep underground.
There are large deposits of this material near Skhidnytsia in Boryslav, so the Skhidnytsia Medical Center has the opportunity to use ozokerite for medical procedures.
Back to top ↑
Ozokerite: what is it, what effect does it have
This material contains a considerable amount of medicinal substances: oils, resins, nitrogen, sulfur, potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, sodium and other active substances. Dehydrated medical ozokerite is used for medical procedures. It is characterized by high heat capacity and low thermal conductivity.
Ozokerite is commonly used in balneotherapy. It has an active anti-inflammatory, analgesic, healing effect, relieves spasms, and helps to normalize the peripheral nervous system.
Ozokerite has a triple effect on the body:
- Chemical. The components of ozokerite enter the bloodstream and affect nerve receptors, stimulate vascular tone, enhancing the thermal effect.
- Thermal. The effect of heat improves blood and lymph circulation, triggers metabolic processes, and has an active calming effect.
- Mechanical. When hardened, ozokerite shrinks, which gives a massage effect.
Back to top ↑
Indications for ozokerite therapy
This method of treatment is widely used for therapy:
- arthritis and polyarthritis of various origins;
- diseases of the peripheral nervous system;
- gynecological diseases;
- urological diseases;
- pathologies of the digestive system.
Contraindications for procedures with ozokerite are: acute inflammatory processes, tuberculosis, allergic reactions, pregnancy, tumors, etc.
Ozokeritotherapy is a safe and proven way to treat and alleviate patients' conditions, so it is widely used for treatment at the Medical Center of the Kyivska Rus Group of Companies either separately or as part of a comprehensive therapy.
Ozokeritotherapy has contraindications, so this procedure is prescribed by a doctor and performed under the supervision of a specialist.